This pre-intermediate course is intended for creative kids & teenagers (10-17 years) who want to explore a subject not offered at 2nd level education or for those who wish to start putting a portfolio together for 3rd level education. Through the sessions, the students will further develop their skills, enthusiasm and flair for Interior Design by producing more detailed drawings and presentations. Furthermore, they will be introduced to design genres/history such as Art Nouveau, Art Deco, the Modernists and Contemporary designers. The lessons will be fun, practical and very hands-on with lots of exposure to samples materials. The main aim of the course is that students design the whole ground floor of a large villa with particular focus on one room for their final project.
Entry requirements: Interior Design for Teens Level 1 course from Full Circle Design FZLLC.
• Discussion on the project. Practice drawing 1:100 plans and 1:50 elevation drawings.
• Introduction to the Art Nouveau Style
• Activity: Sample design of the villa’s entrance areas including drawings and pictures.
• Introduction to the Art Deco Style
• Review of flooring finishes and plans
• Activity: Sample design of the villa’s guest room including drawings and pictures.
• Introduction to the Modernist Movement
• Review of different types of lighting and ceiling finishes and plans
• Activity: Sample design of the villa’s dining room including drawings and pictures.
• Art & Accessories
• Review of the work of contemporary designers Kelly Hoppen and Karim Rashid
• Activity: Sample design of the villa’s formal living room and family living room including drawings & pictures.
• Project Presentation
• Tutor Feedback to Projects
• Fun Quiz
Certificate: If students successfully participate in all/most of the course activities and complete the final course project, they will receive a ‘Letter of Completion’ Certificate. If a student misses more than one lesson, he/she is required to repeat the whole course at the original fee paid if he/she wishes to obtain the ‘Letter of Completion’ Certificate.If a student does not pass the course, he/she has the option of repeating the course again (current course fee will be applied) or the student can obtain private tuition (details of duration/fees will be discussed/agreed with the individual).
Class size: Minimum 6, Maximum 12
Course Fee: AED 1,575 (check regarding materials and costs)/US$ 444 (includes 5% VAT)
Tutor : Sharon Conneely-Donaldson