Designing your own Furniture
This intensive introductory workshop covers the fundamentals of designing furniture including the following topics:
1. Finding inspiration
2. Sketches & Visuals Aids
3. Technical drawings (‘Shop Drawings’)
4. Materials & Specifications
5. Common Terminology
6. Recommended Manufacturers (UAE)
7. Visiting factories
8. Quality Control A-Z
Entry requirements: Students must have an understanding of basic plans and elevations (at least Residential ID level 1 from Full Circle Design FZLLC or an equivalent qualification)
1. Architect’s ruler; mechanical pencil; graph paper; tracing paper
2. Laptop (preferably with AutoCAD and PowerPoint programs downloaded on it but not essential) with charger, wheel mouse and USB memory stick. Students must have proficient working knowledge of their laptop (PC or Mac) and be able to navigate it without supervision.
Completion Letter: If students successfully complete the workshop, they will receive a ‘Letter of Completion’ Certificate. The letter displays the British Interior Design Institute (BIID) and the Association of Professional Interior Designers (APID) logos which are internationally recognised.
to register: please contact Vanessa, by mail on [email protected] or telephone 04-4449567 or 052-4221670.
notes: Min. 4 students/max.10. Places available on a first-come-first-served basis. Bookings (with 100% payment) must be made at least 10 days prior to the workshop commencing. The fee is non-refundable unless a workshop is cancelled in which case it will be 100% refundable.
Tutor: Sharon Conneely- Donaldson
Fee: AED 840/US$237 (includes 5% VAT)
Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings need to be made at least 10 days in advance prior to a course or workshop. (Contact us if you miss the 10- day deadline as there still may be a place available)
- All NEW students must complete the registeration form and send it to [email protected] prior to the course or workshop. Failure to comply may delay your admission into a course or workshop. Download the form here
- All payments are 100% advance and non-refundable. However, if a course is cancelled, there will be a full refund.
- The fee payment can be made by one of the following methods:
- Cash or cheque(payable to 'full Circle Design FZLLC') to a nominated staff member (prior appointment necessary).
- Online by Pay Pal- http://www.fullcircle-design.com/interior-design-courses/ (note that there will be an additional transaction fee by Pay Pal on top of the quoted course/workshop fee)
- By bank transfer(note that there will be an additional small bank transaction fee on top of the quoted course/workshop fee). Contact [email protected]for the account details.
- A minimum of 4 students is required to run a course/workshop or it will be cancelled.
- It is not possible to transfer the fees to another course/workshop or dates unless a course/workshop has been cancelled.
- Students must present/submit their final project in the last lesson.
- If students miss more than one lesson, they must repeat the course at the original rate paid, to receive the ‘Letter of Completion’ Certificate to proceed to the next course.
- If students miss one lesson, it cannot be repeated at a later stage.
◄ back to courses & workshops