This is an entry level course in CAD (Computer Aided Design) for students wishing to learn the industry-preferred computer software – AutoCAD. This course will begin with the basic commands of AutoCAD and progress your knowledge to give you the understanding and skill to create your own designs. The course will run over 4 weeks, with each module building upon the previous in order that, by the end of the course, you will have a solid understanding of the program and its capabilities, through complete hands-on training. It is recommended that you have completed at least Residential Interior Design Level 1 (Adults) or Interior Design for Teens with Full Circle Design FZLLC or an equivalent qualification. Teenagers that are aged 16 years and above are eligible to join this course. The programme is suitable for Mac and Windows PC users.
MODULE 1 – Introduction to AutoCAD
• Introduction to the program, creating, opening, viewing and saving drawings, coordinate system
• Viewing and navigating, including ZOOM, PAN, OBJECT SELECTION
• Drawing basic objects, including LINES, POLYLINES, CIRCLES, ARCS AND RECTANGLES
• Basic modifying and selecting commands, including MOVE, COPY, ERASE
MODULE 2 – Object Snap, Drawing, Edit and Modifying Commands
• ORTHO, Object Snap (OSNAP)
• UNDO, RE-DO
• OFFSET, MIRROR, FILLET, CHAMFER, TRIM, EXTEND
• Final Project: Drawing a Site Survey – walls and windows
MODULE 3 – Adding Text, Drawing & Modifying Shapes
• Text styles and properties – DTEXT, MTEXT, PROP
• POLAR TRACKING, POLYGON, SPLINE, HATCH
• Creating custom designs and patterns used in textiles, carpets, floor patterning
• Final Project: Adding doors and creating a Project Title Block
MODULE 4 – Dimensions, Scaling and Rotating, Inserting Images
• STRETCH, SCALE, ROTATE
• Inserting Images
• Creating Dimension Styles and Dimensioning a Drawing
• Final Project: Finalizing the Drawing and Title Block
MODULE 5 – Creating an Array, Properties, Annotations, Printing
• MATCH PROPERTIES
• Drawing Annotations
• Printing & Plotting
Each lesson will include reviews and activities, as well as assignments for students to practice and develop their skills. By the final week, students will have drawn a living room to scale on a titleblock and included furniture and a legend.
Certificate: If students successfully complete the final course project/course activities/ homework, they will receive a ‘Letter of Completion’ Certificate which is a useful starting point into a new career of Interior Design or Decoration. The final project work will be graded by the tutor and one other assessor. This grade goes towards assessing their final grade for the Diploma or Higher Diploma. For students that are ‘borderline’ between grades, the course activities and homework will be a deciding factor. If a student misses more than one lesson, he/she is required to repeat the whole course at the original fee paid if he/she wishes to obtain the ‘Letter of Completion’ Certificate.If a student does not pass the course, he/she has the option of repeating the course again (current course fee will be applied) or the student can obtain private tuition (details of duration/fees will be discussed/agreed with the individual).
Note: Students must provide their own laptop (with wheel mouse) with the free programme downloaded prior to the course. Exact details/guidelines will be provided. Students must be proficient in the use of their laptop (Mac or Windows PC) and have basic computer literacy.
Class size: Minimum 4, Maximum 8
Tutors: Anam Siddique
Venues: Dubai & Abu Dhabi
Course Fee: AED 2,520/US $710 (includes 5% VAT)